Safe and Secure Online Dating: Adult Merchant Processing
Online dating is so common these days. Do you know how you can avoid the darker side of online dating? As a merchant, do you know where to obtain reliable and affordable adult merchant processing? Just move on to get answers to these questions.
How to Enjoy Safe and Secure Online Dating
The advances in technology over the last 20 years have created a situation where 1/4 of people are finding love online. What is more, these numbers are expected to reach 1 in 3 in the upcoming 15 years.
For many people, dating apps and websites offer a fun new way to connect with people. This isn’t the only thing: they also offer some new issues. However, when you interact with strangers online, identity theft, online harassment, and theft can be too realistic in fact.
The reality is that you can come across many scammers who lie about who they are and what they want.By the way, romance scam victims in the US and Canada lost USD $1 billion from the year 2015 to 2018. Estimates show that, probably, there’re over 1 million victims of romance scams in the US. So, how can you avoid online dating scams?
- Don’t use sites and apps where just anyone can message you.
- Choose sites where strangers can’t access information that allows them to find your specific neighborhood.
- Your profile shouldn’t have lots of personal details.
- If a user asks you for some personal info, such as your address, workplace, information about your children, or your financial information.
By the way, if dating merchants are looking for a reliable, affordable, and secure credit card processing company, it’s important to turn to only a reputable company in the high riskfield. With a true payment expert, you can enjoy the lowest cost and the most secure adult merchant processing.
- Avoid people known as “catfish.” “Catfishing” is a term that stands for someone who creates a fake profile on, e.g., a dating app with the purpose of pretending to be someone else.
- Avoid meeting up with anyone who has no photos on his/her profile, or anyone with only one photo uploaded.
- First, connect and then find out more about the person. Don’t agree to meet someone just immediately.
- Don’t transfer money or talk about your finances to people you meet online.
- Avoid posting photos with your home, workplace, etc. in the background. The same refers to the pics of your children, and others.
- Never meet in a hidden place. Instead, choose a public place. Inform your family member or friend about your dating plans, specifically when and where you’re going.
- Reputable dating sites encourage users to report any shady activity. So, don’t avoid reporting.
Online dating is so much widespread these days that it’s almost the same as the plain old dating.To avoid the dark side of the online dating world, take care of your personal safety or your privacyto the best possible way.
Author Bio: Electronic payments expert Blair Thomas is the co-founder of high risk payment processing company eMerchantBroker that offers exceptional merchant services, including adult merchant processing. He’s just as passionate about his business as he is with traveling and spending time with his dog Cooper.